40 years ago, when American Express Middle East first opened its offices in Bahrain, plastic was already delivering enhanced security, convenience, and rewards.
Fast forward to today, and the next big wave of payment innovation is upon us which promises to deliver an even better experience.
Join us and show how you can be part of this digital transformation!
Build a solution that encourages the embracing of digital payments by making them even more appealing, accessible and relevant.
When building your solution, you may wish to consider the following:
- How can AI’s predictive algorithms and human insights be used? For instance, to deliver more individualised experiences and curated offers.
- How can we leverage location data to optimize engagement?
- How can social media data help personalize the experience?
- With smart data powered credit scoring, how can we expand entrepreneurial credit / microfinance?
- How can we help small businesses accept digital payments?
- How can we leverage blockchain technology to provide enhanced capabilities and security?
American Express Middle East has partnered with IBM for Hack @ the Track to provide IBM Cloud Services to hackathon attendees.
Bringing together infrastructure and platform services, IBM Cloud is the home of 130+ unique services, including offerings like IBM Watson and Weather.com, and millions of running applications, containers, servers and more.
IBM Cloud is used by over a million developers making over a billion API calls a day and starting over a 100,000 apps a month.
Click here to view the catalogue of all IBM Cloud offerings including infrastructure, boilerplate applications, server-less containers like Docker, IBM Watson APIs, and IBM Blockchain Platform.
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and maximum score of 20 points, with the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
Simplicity (5 points):
Is the application simple to use and can the team explain it clearly in three sentences or less?
Creativity (5 points):
How creative was the team in developing an innovative solution for the challenge?
Impact (5 points):
Did the team create an application that can have a real and valuable impact?
Design (5 points):
Was the UX/UI intuitive and appealing?